FAQS On: Botox And Fillers Treatment in Nepal
Let me get this out of the way first – just because you get an injectable does not mean that you are insecure or unhappy with yourself. There’s nothing wrong with doing something that makes you feel good about yourself. We spend countless money on manicures, makeup, massages, spa treatments, skincare (that doesn’t actually remove wrinkles), and more.
I think it’s extremely important to point out the stigma that is associated with injectables. It seems like others who have never tried it tend to get a bit judgmental over it, thinking that they’re better because they won’t modify their face, and that injectables are vain. I look at this the same way I look at makeup – I don’t wear makeup because I think I need it, I wear it because I like it. It’s something that helps me feel good about myself. And, as a person, we should be supporting each other no matter what we do or do not do to our faces and bodies. Lets us discuss Botox and Fillers treatment and services that we provide in Nepal.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are substances/gels injected beneath the skin’s surface to smooth wrinkles and add volume and contour. The products are composed of stabilized hyaluronic acid (HA) which occurs naturally in the cells of the skin. It works by drawing in water and therefore augmenting the skin, thus reducing the wrinkle treated. It is by no means permanent and is totally biodegradable.
Dermal fillers are very safe and have been used for over a decade.
How soon will I see any result and how long does it last?
Results are seen instantly after the treatment, although this gradually improves over the course of the following 2–4 weeks. Results can last between 9–18 months. The longevity varies from person to person depending on your requirements and the severity of the wrinkles that are being treated.
Are there any side effects?
Today’s dermal fillers have come a long way since the first-generation of collagen injections. Advanced injection techniques, coupled with the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) and improved product safety means that significant side effects are extremely uncommon but may include:
- Injection-related reactions – these reactions may include redness at the injection site immediately after the treatment.
- Bruising – occasionally bruising can occur. However, the use of micro-cannula (blunt needle) dramatically reduces the risk of bruising.
- Contour irregularities – can and do occasionally occur. Massaging can usually smooth out any ‘lumpiness’ however if persistent the filler can be easily and rapidly dissolved.
- Infection - as with all injections, this procedure carries a risk of infection. The syringe is sterile and standard precautions associated with injectable materials are taken.
- Necrosis – one of the worst possible complications of dermal filler. Fortunately, this is extremely rare. It happens when the dermal filler is accidentally injected into a blood vessel and it subsequently blocks the blood supply to the skin/tissue in that area.
- Blindness - is a very rare complication. There have been approximately 100 cases in the world and is caused by injecting the dermal filler into a blood vessel that has a connection with the artery which supplies blood and oxygen to the eye. There is no treatment so far for this that has been successful.
What are the key benefits of having my treatments at Elara?
We only use market-leading brands. We will not compromise on our standards and use the highest grade of products.
Consultation, treatment, and post-treatment care are personally undertaken by the doctor.
Virtually pain-free treatment — is an experienced doctor who uses anesthetics to numb the area being treated for increased patient comfort
Our team of expert doctors is well known for their methods of achieving beautiful yet incredibly natural cosmetic results in both hair and skin related issues with minimal pain, bruising and downtime.
What is BOTOX?
BOTOX is a common technique used to erase facial creases and wrinkles. It is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic procedure. Last year alone, 7 million Botox procedures were administered in the USA. These commonly asked questions can help you determine if Botox is right for you.
- What is a Botox injection?
Botox inhibits muscle contractions by blocking nerve signals. Using a fine needle, Botox is injected into the selected muscle resulting in a relaxed and softened appearance on the surface.
- What areas are Botox injections most commonly used on?
Wrinkles surrounding the eyes, known as crow’s feet, and frown lines are typical areas where people choose to get Botox. Deep forehead lines, smile creases, and lip liners are also common spots where Botox is used.
- How do I prepare for a Botox injection?
Before your Botox procedure, you will have a consultation with your doctor outlining how you should prepare for Botox.
One week before your procedure, avoid alcohol.
Two weeks prior, be sure to stop using aspirin and medications that are anti-inflammatory. These specific measures will help with bruising post-treatment.
After I get Botox, how long will the effects last? Botox injections last for 7-8 months. After the procedure, muscle movement will slowly return to the treated areas over the coming months. As you receive regular Botox injections, your muscles will be trained to relax more, and the treatment will last a little longer.
- What side effects can I expect from Botox?
Bruising is the most common side effect but will dissipate within a few weeks. Headaches are rare but may last one to two days.
Some patients experience an eyelid droop which will stop within a few weeks. This occurs as the Botox moves around and gets settled. Be mindful of the treated area and refrain from rubbing or touching it for 12 hours. Also, be sure not to lie down within the first hour after the procedure.
- Is Botox safe for me?
Botox is FDA approved, but if you have certain conditions, you should not get the procedure. If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have a neurological disease, your doctor will tell you to not receive Botox treatments.
Read all the Skincare services and treatments that we provide at Elara.
Consult us for free about the Botox and Fillers treatment in Nepal.